Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Niketan Pansare <np...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/08/24 19:07:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Package jcuda of other platforms in the extra jar

Hi all,

Currently, we only package jcuda's linux shared libraries in our python pip
package (as most SystemML developers use linux for testing the GPU
backend). This makes it difficult to use the GPU backend on other platform
via our Python APIs. To improve the usability, I would suggest that we
package the jcuda jars of other platforms as well. The drawback of this
approach is that size of the extra jar will increase.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-npansar

Re: [DISCUSS] Package jcuda of other platforms in the extra jar

Posted by Nakul Jindal <na...@gmail.com>.
+1

This would help us with deploying on power pc machines without having to "cross compile". (There is no protobuf compiler for powerpc, but that is a different issue, different thread).

-Nakul