Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by trinko <tr...@pacbell.net> on 2000/06/20 03:01:54 UTC

How to access prolog

I'd like to be able to access the entire prolog so that I can store it as
a string.  I haven't seen any way to do that with the DOM or Xerces or
Sun TR2.  What I could do with Sun TR2 was use the write method on the
XMLDocument to create the document as a string.  I could then select the
text prior to the start tag of the root element.  I don't see any
equivalent method in Xerces.  Am I missing something?  Any help would be
appreciated.  A more DOM centric way to get the entire prolog, preferably
with comments would also be appreciated.  Thanks.

tom trinko  trinko@pacbell.net
http://members.aol.com/trinkos/basepage.html
Check out my web page for Java applets, a nice set of stations of the
Cross, and info on my books