Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/04/26 17:29:04 UTC

[Proposal] Documentation

At the moment, the plan is to have xml sources for the documentation in
dir xdocs. This then builds into dir docs, using Anakia to maintain
jakarta style compatability. The documentation on the website is a cvs
checkout of james/docs.

Problem: I think we want the configuration instructions on the web to
reflect the latest release but we want the configuration docs in cvs to
reflect the code in cvs.

Proposal: add another dir, called www, for website docs. Copy docs/* to
www/*. Then only update www when we have another release or need to
change website. xdocs and docs can then be kept in sync with code.

Unless anyone objects - or has a better plan - I'll do this tomorrow.

Charles