Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> on 2012/07/23 22:45:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] 2.x series

We've talked in a lot of disconnected ways about our goals for the coming year.

The stuff I've aggregated is:

- audit the existing apis with an eye to the new standards, etc
- enhance the cli tooling into a master script
- look at the new platforms in particular tizen, windows 8, firefox os
- a configuration metafile (perhaps config.xml but whatever)
- federated plugin discovery

Rough consensus is that PhoneGap 3.0 ships with NO built in API
surface outside the bridge capability (and the plumbing it needs like
channels, etc) and the end developer uses the tools to
discover/install/remove plugins.

What are we missing here?

(Also: going to kick up separate thread on release process.)

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.x series

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
You've nailed most of what I had in mind.

To elaborate on shipping 3.x with no built-in APIs:

- isolate each API to a separate plugin repository
    - programmatic installation of a plugin
    - standard format for all APIs
    - these become showcase examples for third-party plugins

Everything else that I have in-mind are sub-tasks on the above points.

Michael

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.x series

Posted by Paul Plaquette <pa...@linux.intel.com>.
yes one thing : i have colleagues at Intel working on a Cordova port to
windows 7

they already posted a mail here a few weeks ago.

Cordially,
Paul

--
Paul Plaquette