Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rolf Marvin B�e Lindgren <r....@usit.uio.no> on 2000/10/11 22:27:47 UTC

[Q] can JSP be served just like PHP?

I've managed (sort of) to make Tomcat work with Apache on RedHat Linux -
I used the trick from the FAQ to make Apache start Tomcat - so even if I
don't say tomcat/bin/startup.sh, port 8080 serves the welcome message &
the examples.  some of them don't work though.

so, I suppose I can manage to serve jsp-pages.  but why the need for the
complex underlying directory structure?  why can't I just write
.jsp-pages anywhere I like just as I do with PHP?

thank you,

--
Rolf Lindgren
roffe@tag.uio.no