Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ankur Singhal <ak...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 14:10:31 UTC

Filtering doesn't work on simple rule

Hi,

I am newbie to UIMA RUTA framework for text analyzing and getting problem with
filtering data on simple rule based regular expression.

I have filtering out the data by below script:

Document{-> ADDFILTERTYPE(filterAnnotation)};

But it does come not into effect on following simple regular based expression.

"\\d" -> Number

It evaluates it on whole document rather than on remaining data and takes two
much time.

Please help us to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Ankur Singhal

Re: Filtering doesn't work on simple rule

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

the regular epxression rules in UIMA Ruta simply apply the Java
implementation of regular expressions and thus apply the Pattern given
in quotes in the current window. Thus, they are not sensible to the
filtering settings.

If you want to match dependent on visible/invisible annotations, then
you have to use the normal UIMA Ruta rules like
Document{-> ADDFILTERTYPE(filterAnnotation)};
NUM{-> Number};

Best,

Peter