Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/23 20:05:32 UTC

[1.5] Feed Binding

The Feed Binding has been long replaced by Abdera Atom Binding and
Rome RSS Binding. The 1.5 Release wiki page mentions that the Feed
Binding should be removed, but I still find it in the source and
binary distribution for 1.5. I was wondering if we could remove it
from 1.5 release, and move it to contrib in the 1.x code stream.

Thoughts ?

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+1.5

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [1.5] Feed Binding

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Feed Binding has been long replaced by Abdera Atom Binding and
> Rome RSS Binding. The 1.5 Release wiki page mentions that the Feed
> Binding should be removed, but I still find it in the source and
> binary distribution for 1.5. I was wondering if we could remove it
> from 1.5 release, and move it to contrib in the 1.x code stream.
>
> Thoughts ?

Didn't we decide ages ago that 2.x was the place where we make those
sort of changes? Its good to not remove function from 1.x style
releases so we don't break users trying to upgrade. Ok probably few
people are using the feed binding so its may not matter but its still
there in the 1.x build and has been included in the previous releases.
We've been testing and reviewing 1.5 for a week now so to remove a
module now makes me nervous it might inadvertently break something
else, does it cause any problems leaving it in? If not then I'd prefer
to leave it in just to be safe.

   ...ant