Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bhushan <bh...@chn.dnb.co.in> on 2008/06/25 13:57:23 UTC

Partial submit problem - Page got stuck in Myfaces 1.1.5 with trinidad 1.0.8

Hi everybody,

I'm getting a problem when i click the submit button (partial submit) which
is inside a subform.
Problem is, I am having a subform with some input Text boxes in that few are
mandatory and 2 partial submit buttons. when I click the submit button with
out entering any of the mandatory fileds it is displaying error message
properly but the focus is going out and page got stuck to enter the details.

when i click outside the page and come back it is allowing to enter.

any solution / Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bhushan

Re: [TRINIDAD] Re: Partial submit problem - Page got stuck in Myfaces 1.1.5 with trinidad 1.0.8

Posted by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in>.
Do the following:
1. Put your form's content inside a <tr:document binding="#{mybean.document1}"/>.
2. In the action method of the submit button put document1.setInitialFocusId(<subform's clientid>).
3. RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().addPartialTarget(<subform's client id>);

This should help. In step 2 we are setting the focus on the subform. This would bring the focus on the starting point of the subform.

cheers.........Dushyant.

My suggestion is to put TRINIDAD in the subject.  :)  There are people
that filter on this and you'll find more help by including the proper
prefix.

Scott

      Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

[TRINIDAD] Re: Partial submit problem - Page got stuck in Myfaces 1.1.5 with trinidad 1.0.8

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.