Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jörg Herbst <de...@joergherbst.de> on 2004/11/22 10:28:41 UTC

[jelly] Installation problems

Hi,

I'm quite new to the jelly project and got some trouble with the
download and setup
procedure. All I want to do, is use some of the statndard taglibs
defined. I've found
the Java source, but there seems to be no binary download for this.

So I followed the instructions found on the jelly website and downloaded
maven (the
latest release) this worked fine and after typen maven jar in my jelly
home directory
it took a while to download all the files. After a while I got the
following error
messages:

Attempting to download javadoc-1.3.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download javadoc-1.3.jar.
Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
Attempting to download jms-1.0.2b.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jms-1.0.2b.jar.
Attempting to download xsdlib-20020414.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download xsdlib-20020414.jar.
Attempting to download hsqldb-1.7.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download hsqldb-1.7.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

javadoc-1.3.jar
jdbc-2.0.jar
jms-1.0.2b.jar
xsdlib-20020414.jar
hsqldb-1.7.0.jar

I've even tried to downoad the jars from some other location and put them
into maven/lib directory but this didn't help.
How do I configure maven to get theses files or is there some place where
I can download a precompiled version of the jelly taglibs?

Thanks
Joerg

Re: [jelly] Installation problems

Posted by Jörg Herbst <el...@bruchtal.de>.
Hi Paul,

thanks for you're help, I've donwloaded the missing jar and put them
into the right directories.
Now jelly seems to compile fine (there are still 2 test failure but I
guess that's not to problem),
now I'm looking for my taglib files? I can see a target folder but there
are only .class files in there.
I'm looking for something like a *.tld to use the (standard) taglibs in
a web application. Where
can I find such a file, or do I have do build all taglibs on my own?
I'm also wondering why there is no *.xml in the tags folder? Am I
missing some files to build the
taglibs?

Thanks
Joerg

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Jörg,

Can it be you're expecting to obtain a JSP taglib out of this ?
I don't think this will happen.
As far as I know a jelly taglib is going to produce a jar, period.

paul

Posted by Jörg Herbst <de...@joergherbst.de>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.