Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naidu <na...@jpmil.com> on 2003/02/24 22:23:30 UTC

Any Appender available that logs the events in Base64 encoding format.

Hi All,

    I want to know if any LOG4J Appender is available to log the events in
Base64 encoded format? because I have to log sensitive data like password
etc in Base64 encoded format.

    If we use statement log.info(Base64.encode("message")), data will be
encoded and logged. Is there any Appender which can do this , with the
statement log.info("message") which should internally do the Base64
encoding.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

thanks
Naidu.