Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Amend, Christian" <ch...@sap.com> on 2015/02/09 17:03:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Taking part in the GSoC

Hi all,

The application deadline for the Google Summer of Code is this Friday 13th, 2015. I would suggest that the Olingo project takes part this year. I would volunteer as a mentor.

Since the deadline is already this Friday I went ahead and created 3 project ideas already:
OData $search Query Parser for Olingo https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-568
Implement an OData V4 sample service using Olingo https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-569
Implement OData Json Metadocument Serializer/Parser https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-570

Please let me know what you think about this if you have the time :)

Best Regards,
Christian

RE: [DISCUSS] Taking part in the GSoC

Posted by Mark Stafford <ma...@microsoft.com>.
Hey Ramesh, I don't know whether or not we've moved the code to GitHub yet, but you can at least find a copy of it on CodePlex: http://odatavalidation.codeplex.com/. As mentioned below, I'm not averse to recreating this tool. We would want to leverage the learning we have in the tool so far (i.e., port the rules that have already been created) but if we do this in a shared way, as you mention, I would really like to specify the rules as a DSL or otherwise easily extensible toolset.

I'll risk showing my ignorance here, but this sounds like of exactly like a problem Python would be well-suited to solve (since it's pure interpreted code and is simple to understand). Does anyone know whether there's an existing framework we can start from?

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
Here is the proposal

Posted by "Amend, Christian" <ch...@sap.com>.
Hi,

I would still try creating a JIRA issue and labeling it as „gsoc2015“. Maybe it will still be considered.

I also like the idea!

Best Regards,

Christian

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.