Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jan Theofel <th...@etes.de> on 2004/08/15 20:37:06 UTC

Unreable fonts because of bayes

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is already a rule for very tiny fonts (2 pixel)
which spammers seem to use to include text against bayes filters which
can't be read be the reciepent. Here's an example from a spam, I got
today:

priapean tidinesses. perries steamtight reassembly nonputrescent
panegyrizes averrer yappiness chariotway. angarias temptationless
unpermeated oversecure. stiffing taihoa extrasystole hemapophyseal
straightway hexahydrated hubrises plowstilt letting aspartyl.
fuscescent wineries filmsets checkrowed galiots. tailorless
pachyderma underclothing mesmerizes.</font>

Bye,
Jan

--
Jan Theofel                              Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50

Re[2]: Unreable fonts because of bayes

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Tom,

Sunday, August 15, 2004, 12:05:55 PM, you wrote:

TM> Jan Theofel wrote:

>>I'm wondering if there is already a rule for very tiny fonts (2 pixel)
>>which spammers seem to use to include text against bayes filters which
>>can't be read be the reciepent. Here's an example from a spam, I got
>>today:

TM> http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RM_RawBodyRules
TM> Your example hit on the RM_rbt_Font0Pt  rule.

More extensive and carefully tested rules can be found in the SARE HTML
rule set, as found at http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#html

File 1 contains most of the "font size is too small" rules, since they do
occasionally hit ham.  If you use file 1, use file 0 also -- its rules
don't hit ham.

Update to the HTML rule set will be out sometime next week, I believe, so
if you pull these manually, you'll want to do it again around August 23.

Bob Menschel

Re: Unreable fonts because of bayes

Posted by Tom Meunier <to...@mvps.org>.