Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by axis cpp <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/29 07:22:12 UTC

Axis C++ 1.3 final is released

Hi All,

The Apache Axis C++ team would like to announce the
Final release of Axis c++ 1.3.
The binary and source distributions can be downloaded
from
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/download.html

This release includes bug fixes from Axis C++ 1.2 and
the following features.

  -A new transport which eleminate most of the
problems
   encountered in the older transport

  -Improvements to wsdl2ws tool
   Synchronizing the wsdl2ws tool with the latest Axis
   Java

  -Support for non-wrapped style code generation for
   doclit type Namespace support

  -Simpler build and deploying process in Linux
   Additional ant build support(For building the
client
   library and related only)

  -Clear seperation of API and non API header files

  -Simple axis server which can be used for easy
server
   side testing

  -Improved and upto-date documenation

regards,
The Axis C++ team

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 final is released

Posted by Vy Ho <st...@drexel.edu>.
TCP/IP is very unreliable.  It has a check sum that is not good enough
given enough packages going through the network.  This is being
discussed somewhere on the net.  One of the system I worked on involved
a C++ client talks to a java server.  In a controlled environment,
things work, but when deployed, it will crash the clients once awhile.
The java side is really  good with drop connection, corruption of
network data, etc.  However, the C++ side is not so good.  It was
Ace/Tao then (Corba). The guy at Ace/Tao did not want to fix this.  So,
I switched to Soap, and use gSoap instead.  It again shows a same
problem with a test that I created.  I send this to the author of
gSoap.  In no time, he indentifies and fixes problems associated with
this.  So, with gSoap, no matter how I want to corrupt the message, the
thing just work (it could return errors, but does not crash).  This
really impresses me.  The client implementation was a success.  To me,
this is a must to be production ready.  So how to test this?  Think of
the Tcp monitor.  You can add a flag to enable the corruption of
messages.  When it's on, a random length message can be
added/inserted/xor randomly at various random point in the Soap/xml
message.  With this corruption, the Soap engine must deal with this
graciously all the time.  Test can run to make dummy request milllion of
times to make sure that the thing is rock solid.  Please note that the
random data can be anything valid/invalid characters in Soap, xml.  To
make sure the library is very good, you can try to disconnect the
networks (like disable the network card) while communication, and make
sure a gracious handling is used.

Posted by Vy Ho <st...@drexel.edu>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>I am pretty sure even Axis/Java doesn't test for this kind of stuff and
>its certainly used in production widely :-).

The Java version of Axis handled this test very well.

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 final is released

Posted by Vy Ho <st...@drexel.edu>.