Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Amith Prasanna <am...@sentienz.com> on 2018/12/07 10:02:33 UTC

Queries on importing Kafka metadata into Atlas

Hi,

I am working on an use case where I have to import Kafka metadata into the atlas. I have few queries to be clarified which are listed below:

1. Is it possible to import topic metadata from an external Kafka which is not the one used for notification purpose? If possible, how?
2. How to make Kafka-metadata update automatic similar to Hive or Hbase instead of manually running import script every time?
3. There is no lineage data for imported topics. At what cases the lineage data is captured for a topic?
4. Since there is only one Kafka related entity "kafka_topic", will there be no relationship data at all?
5. At what cases the audits got captured for the topics?

I am hoping to get the response for my queries soon.

Thanks and regards,
Amith