Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Zeller, Jan (ID)" <ja...@id.unibe.ch> on 2010/07/28 11:13:16 UTC

trying to inspect the cache

dear TS,

well I would like to have a look at my cache but I am not able to.
I followed the instructions on http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/cache.htm#InspectingCache but in vain. It simply does not work.
I also read the posting on http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201007.mbox/browser but still no luck.

the steps I did are :

1.) CONFIG proxy.config.http_ui_enabled INT 1 in records.config
2.) traffic_line -x
3.) in Firefox/3.5.9 (which is configured to use http://myts:8888 as proxy) I've entered http://{cache} -->
"Firefox can't find the server at www.{cache}.com."

I also try without proxy settings. In vain.

I intentially omit

"To access the cache inspector in reverse proxy mode, you must add a remap rule to remap.config to expose the URL.
For example:
map http://yourhost.com/myCI http://{cache} @action=allow @src_ip=corp_internal_address"

because I do not use the cache inspector in reverse proxy mode. Should I ?

My cache seems to be enabled (just using the default setting)

$ ls -lh var/trafficserver/cache.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 140M 2010-07-28 10:33 var/trafficserver/cache.db

What am I doing wrong ? (using trafficserver-2.1.1-unstable)

---

Jan

RE: trying to inspect the cache

Posted by "Zeller, Jan (ID)" <ja...@id.unibe.ch>.
> Yeah, "modern" proxies don't allow that. We need to update the docs for
> this, Cc:ing Miles and Diane so that we can file a ticket for this.
> (Update: it'd help if I did indeed add the Cc:s here, so resending the
> email, sorry about that).
>
> In order to use the cache inspector, we added support so that you can
> use it in a reverse proxy mode, using a map rule like
>

> map http://myts:8888/cache_inspector/   http://{cache}
>

> The LHS URL, path etc. doesn't matter, but is what you will use to
> access the cache inspector. Note that this could potentially be
> dangerous, since anyone could now access the inspector.
>
> -- Leif

thank you Leif ! It works now. I had to pay attention at the slash after "cache_inspector".
If omitted "Your requested URL was not found."

Great !

---

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.