Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jim Barrows <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 20:09:59 UTC

Questions about the manufacturing and security

I think I've figured out part of the security picture.  You must have
the correct role(s), and permissions.  I'm not sure what the roles do,
or why there are so many.  Coudl someone explain this?

So I merrily go on and create a user, who can see the work effort
manager, and the manufacturing manager.  I figured out that I can link
a production run to an employees timecard.  Woohoo.

So my little test employee decides that today is a good day to
acutally work.  He selects a production run.  Starts it. Issues
Components.  Then just to see what it does, clicks on declare.  I see
lots of cool fields here.  But nothing does what I expect.  The from
date and the to date don't seem to auto fill in the time it took to
accomplish the task.
The product ID field doesn't pop up filled in.
When I complete a production run, it doesn't update the inventory.

Is ther any doucmentation on how this works?

--
James A Barrows