Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by harbhanu <ha...@huawei.com> on 2008/05/22 13:15:08 UTC

java2ws: @WebMethod(exclude=true)

Hi,

For the code first approach I am trying to generate wsdl by providing SEI as
input to java2ws.

Here in my case when I provide "exclude = true" for a method then contrary
to the expectation the method

description is still present in the generated wsdl document.

Am I missing something or is it a defect? Pls check.. Thanks !

Regards,

Harbhanu

RE: java2ws: @WebMethod(exclude=true)

Posted by harbhanu <ha...@huawei.com>.
I found the issue with my test... in my case the annotation is only present
in the SEI implementation class but not in SEI...

After revisiting the documentation I realized that we should always annotate
everything in the SEI and only a well qualified @WebService is required in
the SEI implementation... right ??

It's not so very clear/ obvious from the documentation. I think we can add
that "all the optional annotations SHOULD (or rather MUST) be present in the
SEI and are not processed if they are only present in SEI implementation
class"

Regards,
Harbhanu
Any chance you can provide an example?   I ran a quick check here and
it seemed to work correctly.

Dan

On May 22, 2008, at 7:15 AM, harbhanu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the code first approach I am trying to generate wsdl by
> providing SEI as
> input to java2ws.
>

> Here in my case when I provide "exclude = true" for a method then
> contrary
> to the expectation the method
>
> description is still present in the generated wsdl document.
>

> Am I missing something or is it a defect? Pls check.. Thanks !
>

> Regards,
>
> Harbhanu

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: java2ws: @WebMethod(exclude=true)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Any chance you can provide an example?   I ran a quick check here and
it seemed to work correctly.

Dan

On May 22, 2008, at 7:15 AM, harbhanu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the code first approach I am trying to generate wsdl by
> providing SEI as
> input to java2ws.
>

> Here in my case when I provide "exclude = true" for a method then
> contrary
> to the expectation the method
>
> description is still present in the generated wsdl document.
>

> Am I missing something or is it a defect? Pls check.. Thanks !
>

> Regards,
>
> Harbhanu

---
Daniel Kulp