Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2006/12/06 10:19:54 UTC

Facelets and JSP tags

Hello,

We are switching an application from standard jsp + struts progressively
to JSF. The reason being some part of application being much much easier
to write with JSF component renderers than with Struts.
We would, at the same time, take the opportunity to simplify our page
layout using facelets templating. However, we have quite a few JSP tags
that took a lot of time to develop and would be a pain in the ass to
convert to another system. Those custom tags don't mix with JSF tags
(rendrered on same page but not at same position). However if we go
templating, those custom tag should appear in the templates.

Question is, is it possible to include JSP tags inside a facelet
template? Or is there an easy way to create a facelet tag that wrap a
legacy JSP tag?

Re: Facelets and JSP tags

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
No, for a given page, you need to choose your processing engine.

If you process JSP tags, then the page code is processed by the
in-container jsp servlet.
If you process facelet tags, then the page code is processed with the
facelets servlet.

There's no possiblity of mixing the two, except perhaps by using
facelets to generate jsp tags instead of html, and then passing the
generated jsp page into the jsp servlet.   Sounds really complicated
to me.

Re: Facelets and JSP tags

Posted by David Chandler <da...@learnjsf.com>.
> Question is, is it possible to include JSP tags inside a facelet
> template?

No.

It is possible, however, to run facelets and JSP templates within the same
Web app:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/FaceletsFAQ#How_do_I_use_Facelets_and_JSP_in

/dmc

--