Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael Hendricks <mi...@ndrix.org> on 2008/08/22 00:47:29 UTC

configure failure on OS X

I recently checked out a fresh version of CouchDB's trunk and tried to
build it.  After ./bootstrap && ./configure I get the errors:

    Running automake
    Makefile.am:13: directory should not contain `/'
    Makefile.am:13: directory should not contain `/'
    src/couchdb/Makefile.am:35: variable `couch_files' not defined
    /usr/bin/automake line 8449.
    : deprecated feature: `runner.beam' overrides `runner.beam$(EXEEXT)'
    : change your target to read `runner.beam$(EXEEXT)'

git-bisect indicates that the failure was introduced with revision
687336 ("Merge runtimeconfig branch back into trunk").

This is OS X 10.4.11.  I would appreciate any suggestions on what to try
next.  Thanks.

--
Michael

Re: configure failure on OS X

Posted by Michael Hendricks <mi...@ndrix.org>.
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 03:11:51AM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> Make sure to install automake and autoconf from macports too.
>
> Make sure that after you upgrade you are using the upgraded versions.

Thanks Noah.  Upgrading automake and autoconf did the trick.

--
Michael

Re: configure failure on OS X

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 08:39:12PM -0400, Brad Anderson wrote:
> So, I would check your version of Erlang, and possibly upgrade to the
> latest.  I use MacPorts.

Make sure to install automake and autoconf from macports too.

Make sure that after you upgrade you are using the upgraded versions.

Best,

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/

Re: configure failure on OS X

Posted by Brad Anderson <br...@sankatygroup.com>.
So, I would check your version of Erlang, and possibly upgrade to the
latest.  I use MacPorts.

Further, once you've upgraded Erlang from Ports, you have a bit of
work to do on ./configure

Here's my rig:  http://boorad.weebly.com/1/post/2008/06/erlang-borked-by-leopard-1053-upgrade.html

hth,
BA