Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Ericson <su...@kinetic-tech.com> on 2004/03/29 19:38:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with "Location" Directive

I'm setting up a SSLRequire within a Location directive to check for a
specific DN field and had variable success. I later realized that the
location directive is case sensative and my unpredictable result were
based on whether my URL was www.someweb.com/whatever or
www.someweb.com/WhatEver.

I've been looking all over to see if there's some Apache directive that
I'm overlooking that tells the Location directive to NOT be case sensative.

TIA

Kevin Ericson
Kinetic Technologies, Inc.

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with "Location" Directive

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Kevin Ericson wrote:

> I'm setting up a SSLRequire within a Location directive to check for a
> specific DN field and had variable success. I later realized that the
> location directive is case sensative and my unpredictable result were
> based on whether my URL was www.someweb.com/whatever or
> www.someweb.com/WhatEver.
>
> I've been looking all over to see if there's some Apache directive that
> I'm overlooking that tells the Location directive to NOT be case sensative.

In 2.0 you may be able to use a PCRE feature to mark a <LocationMatch>
regex as case-insensitive.

But if "whatever" is content in the filesystem, then the correct solution
is to use a <Directory> section in place of the <Location> section.

Joshua.