Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2006/04/16 18:04:11 UTC

RSS with html question

Hello,

I'm using jetspeed 1.5, and I'm creating some RSS portlets. Works great,
but when the <description> tag of the feed contains html code (like <br>)
it gets html transformed (so it renders to &lt;br/&gt;).
Is there some way to configure that the html tags are displayed literally?

Saludos,

Bo van Weert
tel. 902 014 180
(00 34) 96 393 19 77
fax. 96 360 69 13
http://www.valbosoft.com

Re: RSS with html question (SOLVED)

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.

Hello,

I got it figured out. Just in case anybody want to do the same:
In the stylesheet you can define that no content should be escaped (=shown
literally) by adding the tag disable-output-escaping="yes".

So in the rss stylesheet, it would be:

<xsl:value-of select="$description" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Now html gets rendered as html.

Saludos,

Bo van Weert
tel. 902 014 180
(00 34) 96 393 19 77
fax. 96 360 69 13
http://www.valbosoft.com

             b.v.weert@valboso
             ft.com
             16/04/2006 18:04          Jetspeed Users List
                                       <je...@portals.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
              "Jetspeed Users                                      Subject
                   List"               RSS with html question
             <jetspeed-user@po
             rtals.apache.org>