Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2001/02/13 21:36:24 UTC

problems with Soap 2.1

Hi,

I've been getting the following error since I moved to Soap 2.1:

<h1>Error: 400</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/myservlet</h2><b>Content type must be:

It seems that my SOAP client is sending non-XML data. I don't know how to
check what it is sending because I couldn't get TcpTunnel to work. Any
ideas?
thx
Alex
Aleksandar Milanovic
Software Engineer
Galdos Systems Inc.
email: amilanovic@galdosinc.com

RE: problems with Soap 2.1

Posted by Tony Hong <th...@xmethods.net>.
Actually when I referred to "Apache 2.0" and "2.1" I was referring
to Apache SOAP 2.0... Tomcat is not the issue here, if the problem
is what I think it is.

In general, if you are using Apache SOAP 2.1 and you hit any server
implementation that requires Content-type to be STRICTLY "text/xml"
(and a service built using Apache SOAP 2.0 falls into this category)
then you will have problems.

Cheers,
Tony

RE: problems with Soap 2.1