Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sa...@roularta.be on 2009/01/12 15:51:29 UTC

maven-archetype-plugin does not exist error when creating new project, non-working link in FAQ

Hello,

When I try to create a new projects with my new installed maven, I get
the error 'org.apache.maven/lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: the
plugin "org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found.

I used this syntax to create it: mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.roularta.app -DartifactId=my-app -e

All the environment vars are ok.

I see this exact error named in the FAQ, but the link to the answer
doesn't work/exist..

Does anybody know what exactly goes wrong?

Thanks for the effort.

Kind regards,
Sandy

Re: maven-archetype-plugin does not exist error when creating new project, non-working link in FAQ

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Monday 12 January 2009 Martin Höller wrote:
> I just tried to update the wiki-page, but I always get a "page not found"
> error :-(

This seems to be a problem with konqueror. Updateing in firefox worked.

- martin

RE: maven-archetype-plugin does not exist error when creating new project, non-working link in FAQ

Posted by Sa...@roularta.be.
oh crap, ofcourse :)
I searched for the previous question and then read the question after it, but that didn't 'work'.

Thank you very much, my project is created!

Regards,
Sandy

> When I try to create a new projects with my new installed maven, I get
> the error 'org.apache.maven/lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: the
> plugin "org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found.
>
> I used this syntax to create it: mvn archetype:create
> -DgroupId=com.roularta.app -DartifactId=my-app -e
>
> All the environment vars are ok.
>
> I see this exact error named in the FAQ, but the link to the answer
> doesn't work/exist..

The answer can be found on the same page. Just search for "How do I resolve"
and you'll get the answer.

I just tried to update the wiki-page, but I always get a "page not found"
error :-(

hth,
- martin

Re: maven-archetype-plugin does not exist error when creating new project, non-working link in FAQ

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Monday 12 January 2009 Sandy.Verfaille@roularta.be wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to create a new projects with my new installed maven, I get
> the error 'org.apache.maven/lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: the
> plugin "org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist
> or no valid version could be found.
>
> I used this syntax to create it: mvn archetype:create
> -DgroupId=com.roularta.app -DartifactId=my-app -e
>
> All the environment vars are ok.
>
> I see this exact error named in the FAQ, but the link to the answer
> doesn't work/exist..

The answer can be found on the same page. Just search for "How do I resolve"
and you'll get the answer.

I just tried to update the wiki-page, but I always get a "page not found"
error :-(

hth,
- martin

RE: maven-archetype-plugin does not exist error when creating new project, non-working link in FAQ

Posted by Sa...@roularta.be.
Now I have, thank you very much!

Posted by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com>.