Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by J C <jc...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/18 18:23:42 UTC

Sourceforge.net for free download Rerouted??

Dear Customer Service,

Thank you for the privilege to download Open Office free to download.

When I attempted to download Open Office at the Amazon website store, the
link to download the program provided a warning message in association to
the link.  Therefore, I was advised not to use that download link.

In addition, I tried to download Open Office from your Apache Web site and
it directed me to another website called sourceforge.net

I am reluctant to proceed with the download from sourceforge.net. Can you
please confirm whether sourceforge.net is the proper website to obtain the
free down load for Apache Open Office?

If you would be so kind to please email me the link to download the Apache
Open Office.

Your kind consideration in assisting me with this problem is so greatly
appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards.

Sincerely,

James C.

Re: Sourceforge.net for free download Rerouted??

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Or more directly if you take that path: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/

The historical https://download.openoffice.org redirects to https://www.openoffice.org/download/
Note the phrase "Hosted by SourceForge.net - A trusted website”

You can then choose your language from the dropdown in the top right.

Once you click the “Download Full Installation” button you are redirected to the openofficeorg.mirror on sourceforge.net

Regards,
Dave

Posted by John Powell <po...@gmail.com>.
https://sourceforge.net/