Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 03:07:35 UTC

Base64OutputStream needs a cleanup

The public class:
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.util.Base64OutputStream

is annoying me.

1. it has a finish() method instead of a close() method.
2. it doesn't have a close() method at all. It should have one that
delegates to the
underlying Writer
3. it doesn't have a flush() method that delegates to the underlying writer.

I think we should fix these issues before we have a public release.
is it ok if I file a JIRA?

--arjuna

Re: Re: Base64OutputStream needs a cleanup

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 11/14/06, Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adam,
> thanks for checking this in.
> I am confused about:
>
> Checked in patch. However, restore the single-byte optimization, and needed
> to also fix up the tests, since it is now illegal to flush the underlying
> Writer.
>  [ Show » <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-283> ]  Adam
> Winer<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=adamwiner>
> [14/Nov/06 02:40 PM] Checked in patch. However, restore the single-byte
> optimization, and needed to also fix up the tests, since it is now illegal
> to flush the underlying Writer.
>
> It should be legal to call flush() at any time, on any writer/stream in the
> chain.
> Why was it that the test failed? let me take a look at the test.

It's an issue of calling flush() after finish()...

-- Adam

Re: Base64OutputStream needs a cleanup

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
Adam,