Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Powell <Da...@Wellogic.com> on 2001/09/24 16:30:49 UTC

Context Unpacking too Late

In Tomcat 4's server.xml, I have the directive <Context path=""
docBase="myApp" debug="0"/>, and I am deploying the application myApp
from a war.  However, the war has not yet unpacked when Tomcat starts,
and so when parsing the config file, when it finds that the myApp
directory does not yet exist, Tomcat fails to start.  Presently, I have
to install the webapp without that Context directive, start Tomcat so
that it unpacks the war, stop it, add the Context, and restart Tomcat.
Surely there is a better way....

Help?

--
J. Daniel Powell