Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mili Miranda <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/27 00:38:01 UTC

Simulating thousands of unique users

Hi all,
       I'm somewhat new to jmeter. I need to create a test plan where a user
logs in using a username/pwd ,adds some items to cart and logs out.
I have recorded the adding to cart part using Badboy.
But I'm unable to create the many users required with unique ids. I have
read all documentation available & also combed through the forums. But I'm
not exactly sure how to go about it.
How can I increment , let's say a username test01 each time? Password could
be same.
The login/ shopping cart pages are https.

Also, do I need to change anything in jmeter.properties or elsewhere for it
to work?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Simulating thousands of unique users

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If you want to generate users with the names test01, test02, etc, you
can use a counter:

Name:   Two digit number
Start:    1
Incr:      1
Max:     9999999
Format: 00
Ref Name: NN
Track independently: unchecked, i.e. off

and then use test${NN} where you need the user name.

S.