Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jerry DuVal <jd...@pace2020.com> on 2008/04/16 16:11:27 UTC

Multipart Parser bug with multiple FileParts named the same name

Is this a bug?

When a MultipartHttpServletRequest parses the values using MultipartParser
it puts the Inline Parts into a Vector, but when parsing FileParts it just
puts them into the "parts" hashtable.  The problem with this is when a
Request has multiple FileParts named the same, the parsed parts for the
FilePart will always be the value of the last parsed FilePart.  Using the
example HTML below, if you attached different files to All.foo for each row,
the MultipartParser would only have 1 value for All.foo ( the value from the
second row ) instead of a vector.  Let me know what you think, I can create
a patch.

Example HTML:

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    </head>
        <form method="post" name="appboxForm"
action="/estimating/object/Customer/list?tab=0"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
                <tbody>
                            <input name="All.primaryKey" type="hidden"
value="FOO'BAR"/>
                            <input name="All.foo" class="filefield"
type="file" id="d1508e107"/>
                            <input name="All.primaryKey" type="hidden"
value="HOUSE"/>
                            <input name="All.foo" class="filefield"
type="file" id="d1508e144"/>
                </tbody>
            <input name="appbox-continuation-id" type="hidden"
value="1a0b71687548296a197026662a6366591a211b00"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="appbox_currentTab"
id="appbox_currentTab" value="0"/>
        </form>

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apach
e/cocoon/servlet/multipart/MultipartParser.java?revision=638212&view=markup

private void parseFilePart(TokenStream in, Hashtable headers) IOException,
MultipartException

At the bottom of the method

        String name = (String)headers.get("name");
        if (oversized) {
            this.parts.put(name, new RejectedPart(headers, length,
this.contentLength, this.maxUploadSize));
        } else if (file == null) {
            byte[] bytes = ((ByteArrayOutputStream) out).toByteArray();
            this.parts.put(name, new PartInMemory(headers, bytes));
        } else {
            this.parts.put(name, new PartOnDisk(headers, file));
        }

Thanks in Advance,

Jerry DuVal
Pace Systems Group, Inc.
800.624.5999
www.Pace2020.com

Re: Multipart Parser bug with multiple FileParts named the same name

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 16.04.2008 10:11, Jerry DuVal wrote:

> Is this a bug?

Feature :) More an inconsistency than an actual bug. I for myself would
not rely on the correct order of both All.primaryKey and All.foo.

> When a MultipartHttpServletRequest parses the values using MultipartParser
> it puts the Inline Parts into a Vector, but when parsing FileParts it just
> puts them into the "parts" hashtable.  The problem with this is when a
> Request has multiple FileParts named the same, the parsed parts for the
> FilePart will always be the value of the last parsed FilePart.  Using the
> example HTML below, if you attached different files to All.foo for each row,
> the MultipartParser would only have 1 value for All.foo ( the value from the
> second row ) instead of a vector.  Let me know what you think, I can create
> a patch.

http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=120840321224196&w=4
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=120840325524262&w=4

Please test the new code in SVN. Thanks for your report.

Joerg