Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by zhan yi <zh...@cycnet.com> on 2000/11/30 02:56:34 UTC

chinese language

I met two problems with chinese text.
    1 When i include file from another chinese file, the included file will not display correctly. See attached file1.jsp and file2.jsp.
    2 In tomcat-4.0-m4, I used setCharacterEncoding to process chinese form attribute, but it doesn't work. See attached file3.jsp.

I am not clear where to seek support. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Re: Question about Tomcat4.0 work with Apache

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

KINGMAN wrote:

> Tomcat4.0 have no config file tomcat-apache.conf in directory /TOMCAT_HOME/conf;
> Tomcat is diffcult.If I make tomcat plug-in  Apche.Then I need not config tomcat?

Tomcat 4.0-m4 (and earlier) did not support connection to Apache.  It only runs in
stand-alone mode.

The code to connection Tomcat 4.0 is being actively developed, and is planned to be
included in a "milestone 5" release shortly.

Craig McClanahan

Question about Tomcat4.0 work with Apache

Posted by KINGMAN <zh...@info.sh.cn>.

Re: chinese language

Posted by Simon Lam <si...@dhc.com.cn>.
1. Try to put <meta> tag to specify character set directly in your jsp.
2. Try to convert your Chinese string to "8859_1" encoding outside jsp. For example, in a JavaBean.
	The two methods above works fine for Japanese.
3. Visit Internationlization forum in java.sun.com.

Hope this might help.