Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2018/11/07 16:53:00 UTC

Re: Recognising Concept and its Value for text without space [EXTERNAL]

Hi Zakir,
I think the problem here is that the default tokenizer will never split up a string like POD10 into ['POD', '10'] since there is no whitespace. The dictionary lookup uses tokens as the unit of analysis, so unless something like POD10 is in the dictionary database you will not get a hit for POD (which I assume is what you wanted). The only solution I can think of is to write your own tokenizer class, and swap it for the default tokenizer and re-run your pipeline.
Tim