Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ka...@lincsoftware.soft.net on 2002/07/10 09:26:47 UTC

sending files through SOAP

Hi,

I'm want to transfer .xml files or .txt files from one server to another.

I would like to do it through SOAP.
So my question is: what serializeable Java type can I
use to
send a file through SOAP ?
Thank you.

Re: sending files through SOAP

Posted by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com>.
Best way to do is to encode it in some format like Base64 and transfer thru
SOAp. This is how we do it in our company. So, even if there are invalid
characters, base64 encoding will take care of it and get rid of many
problems. Sun's Base64 (comes with jdk) encoding and decoding tool is very
effective.

Hope this helps.

Praveen

null pointer exception

Posted by Xavier Renard <Xa...@ulg.ac.be>.
Hi,

I'm trying to install soap with Tomcat on Debian Woody.
I can access the servlet rpcrouteur with success with a web browser
Unfortunatly, when I try to list of services via the console, i do
receive a null pointer exception.

:~$ java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouteur list
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.read(TransportMessage.java:206)
        at org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.post(HTTPUtils.java:382)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:309)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237)

In my log, I can see that the servlet is made unavailable after that(I
guess)

2002-08-16 12:02:15
StandardWrapper[/soap:org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.rpcrouteur]: Marking
servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.rpcrouteur as unavailable
2002-08-16 12:02:15 invoker: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path
/soap/servlet/rpcrouteur

Do someone have an idea?

Xavier

null pointer exception

Posted by Daniel P Allen <da...@nist.gov>.
	I would think SOAP with attachments a far better strategy.

	Dan

Posted by Daniel P Allen <da...@nist.gov>.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Niket,

Check the mime sample that comes with Apache SOAP.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Niket,

Posted by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com>.
Hi,

You will find full samples in soap2.x/samples/mime or
in axis/samples/attachments.

Jean-Louis

Posted by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com>.
Hi,