Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Parker, James" <Ja...@pegs.com> on 2013/09/11 23:03:54 UTC

custom authentication/authorization without Spring

I'm looking for a way to create custom authentication and authorization without the use of additional libraries such as Spring.  Our current need is to look for a portal authentication cookie and validate it, then search a database for what the user is authorized to do.  If validation fails, we need to forward the user on to our application portal.

Of course as soon as I get this working, there is a high likelihood we will change our authentication to a different system, so I need to keep it straight-forward and simple.  Nothing here is so important that we need high level security and hack prevention with the authentication.

There is no username and password, only a cookie (single sign on from our portal), and no login page sense our portal handles it all.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Either point me to a class/interface or to a book/website.  Worst case scenario, I create a filter that upon passing authentication will pass processing onto Wicket's default filter.  Of course kludge something together for authorization.

All assistance is appreciated.

Jim

Re: custom authentication/authorization without Spring

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You can do all this with a
custom org.apache.wicket.authorization.IAuthorizationStrategy.
There is also org.apache.wicket.authentication.IAuthenticationStrategy that
may help you.

Apache Wicket Cookbook has a very good chapter (several recipes) about
security Wicket application.