Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Xingwei Yang <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 22:41:57 UTC

spark-ec2 Web UI Problem

Hi Guys:

I have succsefully installed apache-spark on Amazon ec2 using spark-ec2
command and I could login to the master node.

Here is the installation message:
RSYNC'ing /etc/ganglia to slaves...
ec2-54-148-197-89.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com
Shutting down GANGLIA gmond:
       [FAILED]
Starting GANGLIA gmond:                                    [  OK  ]
Shutting down GANGLIA gmond:                               [FAILED]
Starting GANGLIA gmond:                                    [  OK  ]
Connection to ec2-54-148-197-89.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com closed.
Shutting down GANGLIA gmetad:                              [FAILED]
Starting GANGLIA gmetad:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Connection to ec2-54-148-248-162.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com closed.
Spark standalone cluster started at
http://ec2-54-148-248-162.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080
Ganglia started at
http://ec2-54-148-248-162.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:5080/ganglia

However, I could not open the web UI. I have checked the security group,
which allows the connection to the port 8080. I could not figure out how to
solve it.

Any sueggestion is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

--
Sincerely Yours
Xingwei Yang

Re: spark-ec2 Web UI Problem

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Its working http://ec2-54-148-248-162.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/

If it ddn't install it correctly, then you could try spark-ec2 script with
*--resume* i think

Thanks
Best Regards