Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/03 19:20:28 UTC

Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi All,
I have installed Tomcat 3.2.3 and transit my application (it works in tomcat
3.2.1)

I got that exception:

Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPC:\Softgage\work\localhost_8080\_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_0.java:1:
Package com.softgage.jsppattern not found in import.
import com.softgage.jsppattern.*;
       ^
1 error at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:294)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:478)
It looks like compiler can't find my classes, but they are exist in right
place.
Please, help me, what's wrong???

NetZero Platinum
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!

RE: Unable to compile class for JSP

Posted by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com>.
Hi again,
I have fixed this problem.
After installation I have removed jaxp.jar and parser.jar because I use
j2ee.
Then I copy 2jee.jar to tomcats lib - it was my mistake.
Tomcat was starting, but I got this exception.
So, then I remove 2jee.jar from tomcats lib and put this jar to classpath
every things was well.
Hope this information helps somebody.

UTF-8 encoding problem

Posted by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com>.
I use tomcat 3.2.3.
I set all pages in UTF-8 encoding.
Then I trying to take parameter with Unicode value from URL I getting only
"?????".