Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by lists user <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/20 05:58:06 UTC

upgrade to mp2

Hello,

currently we have mp1 installed.but I will upgrade it to mp2.
does it have any risk?or will mp2 get conflict with mp1?
thanks.

Re: upgrade to mp2

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
lists user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently we have mp1 installed.but I will upgrade it to mp2.
>
> does it have any risk?or will mp2 get conflict with mp1?

It is usually considered a safer bet not to have both versions
installed at the same time.

Risks, you mean, of breaking existing code? Certainly, the API have
changed somewhat.

You probably want to give this a good read:

<http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html>

Upgrades are possible, and can be simple, it only depends on the codebase
you are porting over.