Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Don Tam <dt...@consumercontact.com> on 2005/11/04 18:53:51 UTC

JSCookMenu and Logoff

Hi,

As I understand it, navigationMenuItems only take actions mapped to
<navigation-case>s.  How would I configure it to do something like log
off, which is just an action, before going to a view id?

Don Tam
Manager, Software Development
(416)493-6111x143
dtam@consumercontact.com

Re: JSCookMenu and Logoff

Posted by Marius Kreis <ma...@nulldevice.org>.
A simple MethodBinding should do. Make sure your method returns a string
with the outcome.

The Methodbinding looks like this:
action="#{myBean.anyMethod}"

And the Method like this:

public String anyMethod()
{
    // do your logout
    return "loggedout";
}

This will forward to the view "loggedout". If the specified view does
not exist the current page will be redisplayed.