Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by ps...@throwarock.com on 2022/12/08 23:36:16 UTC

Running on MACOS with JDK

I've done a port of my windows BookLibrary code, and after a few minor
tweaks, I got it running under the MACOS with JDK 19.0.1 and NetBeans
16.  However, I seem to have font issues.  If you try to create the
small basic Gluon Javafx project, it also has this same font issue?  Any
help?  Tried it on two different MACOS's, different machines.  Same
issue.  First time porting to a MAC, been coding with Java on windows
since 1997.  Stumped.

I'm getting a message in the logs as:

Client requested .SFNS-Regular. It will get Times-Roman.

This doesn't look like anything I know.  Anyone?

Also Css is very simple, and even if I take it out, it does the
samething with the font.  ( I tried "Arial" , no effect

.root{
-fx-font-size: 10pt;
-fx-font-family: "System";
-fx-base: rgb(132, 145, 47);
-fx-background: rgb(225, 228, 203);
}

.anchor1{
-fx-background-color: #DFB951;
}

.fixedFont1 {
-fx-font-family: 'monospaced';
}

Re: Running on MACOS with JDK

Posted by name name2 <an...@gmail.com>.
Check JRE_HOME environment please
Try putting the .SFNS-Regular. fonts into $JRE_HOME/lib/fonts.

Re: Running on MACOS with JDK

Posted by name name2 <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello