Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Takuya UESHIN <ue...@happy-camper.st> on 2011/07/23 15:38:59 UTC

problem when change zookeeper.znode.parent

Hi,

I manage HBase cluster changing configuration like

<property>
  <name>zookeeper.znode.parent</name>
  <value>/master</value>
</property>

for a replication purpose.

When I wrote a client application but made mistake that I forgot to
add the configuration above,
I was kept waiting because ZooKeeper didn't response.

I'd expect that some exception should be thrown, or are there any
reasons not to throw?

Thanks!

--
Takuya UESHIN
Tokyo, Japan

http://twitter.com/ueshin

Re: problem when change zookeeper.znode.parent

Posted by Takuya UESHIN <ue...@happy-camper.st>.
Hi, Ram.
Thanks for reply.

I'm using cdh3u0 (0.90.1+15.18).

And yes, when I used HBaseAdmin, I got the similar stacktrace as follows.

11/07/25 14:08:44 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: ZooKeeper
available but no active master location found
11/07/25 14:08:44 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt
9 of 10 failed; no more retrying.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:356)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:90)

But when I used HTable, it was hung at the stacktrace pasted before.

Thanks!

Posted by Takuya UESHIN <ue...@happy-camper.st>.
Thanks for reply.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.