Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ivan Bilenjkij <ib...@mistwireless.com> on 2001/08/09 19:51:39 UTC

How do I remove multiple directories?

Hello,

I have a group of directories with names like: dirname-0001, dirname-0002,
etc. that I would like to remove, regardles whether they're empty or not. On
*nix box I would just type rm -rf dirname-* but if I try to do this with
ant, like: <delete file="dirname-*" /> nothing happens. Does anybody know
how do I do this?

Thanx

Re: How do I remove multiple directories?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Ivan Bilenjkij <ib...@mistwireless.com>
wrote:

> I have a group of directories with names like: dirname-0001,
> dirname-0002, etc.

<delete includeemtydirs="true">
  <fileset dir="parent-of-dirs">
    <include name="dirname-*/**" />
  </fileset>
</delete>

and make sure you're using 1.4beta as includemeptydirs is broken in
1.3.

Stefan