Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 14:43:04 UTC

Re: [activemq-user] How to achive Persistence for CMS

BTW the codehaus lists are no longer used.

If you use a queue rather than a topic then messages wait around until
a receiver comes back again.

I you are using a topic then messages are only dispatched from the
point of the subscription. However you can use persistent
subscriptions (and persistent message delivery) to ensure that
messages published while your consumer was down will be delivered when
your subscriber starts again.

It looks like CMS could do with a new method

  createDurableSubscriber(Topic topic, String subscriberName)

to create durable topic subscriptions. I've reaised a JIRA for this

BTW we might wanna make the CMS API polymorphic like JMS 1.1 is -
adding createConsumer/createProducer methods to Session - I created a
JIRA for that too...

On 6/29/06, Arshad Ahamad <ar...@in.effectsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      I am working cms(ActiveMQ-4.0) code on SuSe(Linux machine->
> i686-suse-linux, version 2.6.13-15.8-default) , I am able to create the
> sender and receive code and these are working fine. But the thing is that I
> am not able the mentain the persistence in these code. I means whenever
> receiver is down and sender is sending the data and once the receiver will
> start this will not receive any data but I wants this so please help on this
> issue How I can get this data.
>
>                      Thanks in advance
>

> Regards
> Arashad Ahamad