Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Indah Kurnia <in...@nwa.iao.co.id> on 2003/07/10 07:27:08 UTC

Building Tree Component in Tapestry

Dear all,

I have a problem in building a tree component used Tapestry. I want to
display somekind like windows explorer navigation in my HTML version
using Tapestry component.I tried to find if Tapestry provides the
component I need, but I was failed. Do you think if Tapestry didn't
support for tree model component ? I think I have no choice so I decide
to create my own tree component. I have read Tapestry developer's guide
about how to design a new component in tapestry. The example is just so
simple but it didn't work on mine.
Can I use the same method to develop tree component or maybe you can
explain in a little detail about how to create the component until I can
use it in HTML application. I will be very grateful if you don't mind to
tell me the source code example so I can try to understand it better.

indah

Re: Building Tree Component in Tapestry

Posted by "Ido M. Tamir" <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at>.
On Thursday 10 Jul 2003 7:27 am, Indah Kurnia wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem in building a tree component used Tapestry. I want to
> display somekind like windows explorer navigation in my HTML version
> using Tapestry component.I tried to find if Tapestry provides the
> component I need, but I was failed. Do you think if Tapestry didn't
> support for tree model component ? I think I have no choice so I decide
> to create my own tree component.

from tapestry-user-mail (search for thread with tree and dhtml in subject):
"There is Tree component implementation that is part of tacos project:
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos-tree
There are 2 simple demos too (please visit a
http://tree.rushmore-register.com/tree for file system demo)."

best wishes

Ido

RE: Building Tree Component in Tapestry

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
If you are having problems with your Tapestry application, don't understand
the documentation, need help ...please contact us on the user mailing list
(tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org).  We want to help, to grow the community,
to fix anything broken in the framework.

As the volume of traffic on the mailing lists increase, "bad" messages are
going to get ignored!  If you have a problem and are seeking resolution it
is vitally important that you play by the rules:

1) Tapestry is free.  Nobody owes you anything.

Our desire to grow and support the community is great, but we're all
sacrificing family time, play time, time with our friends, spouses and kids
to contribute to the project ... so if we have a low level of frustration
for poorly written, undocumented help requests, so be it.

2) Do not e-mail individual team members!

Use the lists and only the lists.  Getting e-mail just pisses us off (well,
me anyway), and a spam filter may eat the message anyway.   We want to help,
but we're not your personal help desk.  In addition, questions and
a resource before contacting the list.

3) Be polite.

Mark Fleury can get away with being an asshole (just once), but you can't.

4) Do your research.

There's a lot of Tapestry documentation.  Did you read it?  Did you look at
the code?  Did you use the debugger to step through problem areas?

5) Provide information.

You've seen the Tapestry Exception page.  Use it!  Messages like "My page
broke" are asking US to do YOUR work.  The first step is to cut-and-paste
the exception report into your mail.  All that information can be a very
precise description of the what and why of your problem.

Please read the following BEFORE posting a help request to the list:

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry