Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Jerome Renard <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/18 09:14:54 UTC

APyXS : generating apache module skeletons

Hi list,

a few weeks ago, I started to write an Apache module skeleton
generator in Python : APyXS.

The original idea was that when one create a new module, it is always
the same process :
1. defining configuration directives
2. defining hooks
etc.

I thought it could be useful if we could have the process automatic,
only by writing a trivial configuration file.

That's the point of aPyXS, it is possible to define configuration
directives and hooks in a very simple XML file
and then the module skeleton is generated.

I started to write the code for it in my spare time, but I will have
less and less time for this project in the next few months.
This is why I am looking for contributors.

So if there is anyone interested in contributing, feel free to contact
me and join the project so I grant you commit access.

The project page is available on Google code here :
- http://code.google.com/p/apyxs/

The code is available here :
- http://code.google.com/p/apyxs/source/browse/

And example configuration files are here :
- http://code.google.com/p/apyxs/source/browse/#hg/examples

And you can clone it by running the following command (mercurial required) :
- hg clone https://apyxs.googlecode.com/hg/ apyxs

As you will see the code is really trivial (I know it can be much
better), so are the configuration files.

Have a nice day

:)

--
Jérôme