Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2017/09/05 19:36:43 UTC

Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Hi -

Is there any interest in OpenOffice participating with an Apache Developer Room at the 2018 FOSDEM?

If so we should let Sharan know at dev@community.apache.org

Regards,
Dave

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I would try to provide content for a room. There we have talks yes?

Devrooms are proposed (and we are at this stage) and the FOSDEM
committee selects them. Then Call for Talks are issued (October). Then
talks are selected (November). So all the content discussion should wait
until the Call for Talks is issued.

> Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?

Sure, it's always nice to meet people in person.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
I also plan to visit FOSDEM again next year.

Maybe I can convince some people to accompany me? It is a short flight. ;-)

Matthias

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Best message of the day. :-D

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
I would try to provide content for a room. There we have talks yes?

I have no Idea about what I should talk, yet. Would be a talk on
joining a huge historic Project like Open Office with almost no
experience be a helpfull topic?

Maybe we should have a talk where Open Office as a project is heading.
Release cycles concerns, options and so forth.And of course what people
we are looking for and what they skill they have to learn.
could be a good thing.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Dave Fisher wrote:
> Is there any interest in OpenOffice participating with an Apache
> Developer Room at the 2018 FOSDEM?

I've taken care of submitting the request for the past few years and I