Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Huntsman84 <tp...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 18:07:27 UTC

Too many results with RegexQuery

Hi,

I am using RegexQuery aiming to get a list of records from a regular
expression, but in some cases the search returns too many results, and for
that my program throws an Exception.

How could I customize the query or the searcher to, for example, get just a
set of results?

Thank you so much!!

Re: Too many results with RegexQuery

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
To get the first n clauses you could maybe create your own query
subclassing RegexQuery with an implementation of getEnum(reader) that
returned a FilteredTermEnum that was a subclass of RegexTermEnum that
stopped after the first n.  That's made up from following the javadoc
and I've no idea if it is practical or not.  Perhaps someone else has
a simpler suggestion.

--
Ian.

Posted by Huntsman84 <tp...@gmail.com>.