Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2006/01/05 12:49:32 UTC

FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

This page does clearly document the two biggest remaining gaps in 0.90.1:

    table 	Basic 	§6.7.3
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table> 	partial 	partial

        * [0.91 beta] Only border-collapse="separate" is supported and
          there's no support for automatic column widths.

and (a smaller, but significant gap):

    text-align 	Basic 	§7.15.9
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align> 	partial 	partial

        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported

    text-align-last 	Extended 	§7.15.10
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align-last> 	partial
    partial

        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported

[The gap being the lack of the <string> option for text alignment to
attain alignment to a decimal separation character.]

--
Jess Holle

Re: FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I know that situation all too well. We all do what we can in the time
available to us. Let's hope this will soon become critical to someone in
a way that he/she frees the resources necessary to build the missing
features. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

On 05.01.2006 15:18:22 Jess Holle wrote:
> Point taken :-)  Less agitating for gap plugging and more gap plugging
> on my part would obviously be more helpful.
>
> I'd love to, but I have some other fires to fight right now...  FOP is
> currently a fairly minor component in our overall system -- thanks in
> part historically to these gaps, but that is now a somewhat cyclical
> situation...
>
> --
> Jess Holle
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> >Jess, we'll be happy to help you get started if you'd like to work on
> >these missing features.
> >
> >On 05.01.2006 12:49:32 Jess Holle wrote:
> >

> >>This page does clearly document the two biggest remaining gaps in 0.90.1:
> >>
> >>    table 	Basic 	§6.7.3
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table> 	partial 	partial
> >>
> >>        * [0.91 beta] Only border-collapse="separate" is supported and
> >>          there's no support for automatic column widths.
> >>
> >>and (a smaller, but significant gap):
> >>
> >>    text-align 	Basic 	§7.15.9
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align> 	partial 	partial
> >>
> >>        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
> >>
> >>    text-align-last 	Extended 	§7.15.10
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align-last> 	partial
> >>    partial
> >>
> >>        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
> >>
> >>[The gap being the lack of the <string> option for text alignment to
> >>attain alignment to a decimal separation character.]
> >>
> >>--
> >>Jess Holle

> >Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Jess, we'll be happy to help you get started if you'd like to work on
these missing features.

On 05.01.2006 12:49:32 Jess Holle wrote:
> This page does clearly document the two biggest remaining gaps in 0.90.1:
>
>     table 	Basic 	§6.7.3
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table> 	partial 	partial
>
>         * [0.91 beta] Only border-collapse="separate" is supported and
>           there's no support for automatic column widths.
>
> and (a smaller, but significant gap):
>
>     text-align 	Basic 	§7.15.9
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align> 	partial 	partial
>
>         * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
>
>     text-align-last 	Extended 	§7.15.10
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align-last> 	partial
>     partial
>
>         * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
>
> [The gap being the lack of the <string> option for text alignment to
> attain alignment to a decimal separation character.]
>
> --
> Jess Holle
>
> gerhard oettl wrote:
>
> >I always found the compliance page of the documentation a
> >excelent help when to decide who is to blame: fop or me.  What i
> >am missing is the status of the xsl-funtions [from-parent(),
> >etc].
> >
> >If there is no objection i'll try to create a patch against
> >xdocs/compliance.ihtml to append them.
> >
> >gerhard

Jeremias Maerki