Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LA...@afninet.com on 2004/09/15 21:56:11 UTC

Tomcat freezes up when a database resource is unavailable

Hello,

We are having an issue with Tomcat 4.1.29 running under Fedora Core 2
freezing up (completely unable to service any request) if a database server
that is being used by an application becomes unavailable (ie when a server
gets rebooted). We are using jdbc connection pools that are being looked up
via jndi.  Does anyone have any idea what might cause this or what we might
do to further diagnose the issue?

Thanks in advance

Larry