Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent JAMMET <vi...@atosorigin.com> on 2005/07/20 11:51:46 UTC

About hasPermission on ALCSecurityImpl

Hi,

I need to know if a role has access to a paricular node, then I
inteneded to use the matching method in ACLSecurity:

hasPermission(ObjectNode object, SubjectNode subject,
                                  ActionNode action)

Unfortunaltely it is deprecated (at Security level, but it is
implemented in SecurityImpl and recover by a fake method in
ACLSecurityImpl) !
First issue: why is it deprecated ?

In the documentation , it is advise to use the other method:
hasPermission(SlideToken token, ObjectNode object, ActionNode action)
But this last one doesn't match to my needs: it suppose that a token can
be created for a role...

Is there another method to use instead of these 2 ones ?

Thanks

--
Vincent JAMMET