Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de> on 2015/11/04 12:54:12 UTC

h1/h2/h2c throughput numbers

See https://icing.github.io/mod_h2/throughput.html

This discusses the performance improvements regarding raw throughput of the current mod_http2 implementation vs. the 2.4.17 one. Some outlook onto the next release, hopefully.

tl;dr

h2 (https) raw transfer numbers are on par with HTTP/1.1 now, h2c (http:) are at 95% - in my setup.

//Stefan

PS. In case you find any mistakes or nits in there, I will hold back the tweet until this evening.

Re: h1/h2/h2c throughput numbers

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
Hi Bert,

nice! will be interesting to get numbers on that and how it affects svn timings (if).

You write your own h2 implementation?

Cheers,
  Stefan

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
Nice article Stefan, thanks.
Will also ease review of latest changes ;)