Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by neeraj bhusare <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/26 18:11:28 UTC

Strange JSTL1.0 problem

Friends,

          I am experience a strange problem using *JSTL1.0.* Please find my
problem description below.

I have a ArrayList of objects (Java beans with some getter /setters), which
are to be rendered in a JSP page. I tried using struts tag library by I
didn't find it much helpful so I tried using JSTL tag library. My Code
snippet is given below

Here,RecordList – List containing the Java Beans with getter and setters for
axField, displayLabel, search etc.

<c:forEach var="RecordList" items="${RecordList}">

      <bean:define id="Foo" value="${RecordList.axField}" /></td>

paramName="Foo" paramScope="page"> Edit</html:link></td>

"axField" paramName="Foo" paramScope="page">Delete</html:link></td>

            </c:forEach>

The retrieved field values of  axField, displayLabel, search etc are
rendered comfortably on the JSP page in the <c:out />,  but when I try using
${} into the <bean:define value=${…}/> tag, the value associated with the
axField is not retrieved. Even if I try using ${} outside any of the struts
tags/JSTL tags, no value is rendered.

I guess there is some compatibility problem. I would like to know if I am
missing something or there exists some workaround for the same.

--
"Different isn't always better,but better is always different."