Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivas Jonnalagadda <sa...@earthlink.net> on 2009/02/10 14:03:59 UTC

tomcat admin console problem

Hi,

I am getting the "Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden" when i try to access as http://192.168.0.10:8080/admin/. the admin app is deployed on a solaris machine with tomcat 5.5.9 communicationg with Apache HTTP Server and using mod_jk connector. I copied admin.xml to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost. Undommented the tag and added allow 192.168.0.10 after 127.0.0.1. Copied the admin directory to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps. Also i have the admin role with permission in the tomcat-users.xml fil. The http://192.168.0.10:8080/manager/html/ works perfectly though. Also though i am not using mod_jk and apache http server on a Windows machine the Tomcat Administartion web application works perfectly. I changed the permissions to admin directory and also sub directories on the solaris machine with chmod 777. Still i get the access forbidden error.

Any help as how to solve this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Srinivas Jonnalagadda

Re: tomcat admin console problem

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Srinivas Jonnalagadda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the "Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden" when i try to access as http://192.168.0.10:8080/admin/. the admin app is deployed on a solaris machine with tomcat 5.5.9 communicationg with Apache HTTP Server and using mod_jk connector. I copied admin.xml to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost. Undommented the tag and added allow 192.168.0.10 after 127.0.0.1. Copied the admin directory to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps. Also i have the admin role with permission in the tomcat-users.xml fil. The http://192.168.0.10:8080/manager/html/ works perfectly though. Also though i am not using mod_jk and apache http server on a Windows machine the Tomcat Administartion web application works perfectly. I changed the permissions to admin directory and also sub directories on the solaris machine with chmod 777. Still i get the access forbidden error.
>
> Any help as how to solve this is appreciated.

Probably the address filter. Try removing that temporarily to see if that fixes
it. If it does, copy the valve settings here and we'll take a look.

Mark